The University of New Mexico’s Comprehensive Cancer Center is looking for Community Health Workers (CHW) and Promotoras to join us for a 3-hour training event. Learn about colorectal cancer, screening methods and prevention measures. Help us eliminate barriers through CHW focused training and tools.
· Earn 3 Department of Health-approved CEUs
· If qualified, you may receive a $30 merchandise card
· Lunch will also be provided
Dates for this free training event:
1. Thursday, June 6, 2019. 12pm-3pm.
2. Friday, June 7, 2019. 10:30am-1:30pm.
3. Thursday, June 13, 2019. 9:30am-12:30pm.
4. Friday, June 14, 2019. 9am-12pm.
All trainings will be held at the UNM Comprehensive Cancer Center in Albuquerque, 1201 Camino de Salud, Room 1048. Directions, a map, and parking instructions will be sent to those who are able to attend.
Please contact Karen Quezada or Dolores Guest if you would like to sign up to attend one of these events.
Karen Quezada: KaQuezada@salud.unm.edu; 505-925-0619
Dolores Guest: DGuest@salud.unm.edu; 505-272-1487