NMDOH Contact Tracing Positions (Full-Time):
Community Prevention Coordinator
The Community Prevention Coordinator serves as Lead for the Santa Fe Prevention Alliance, a local coalition
of community partners who are committed to addressing problematic substance use amongst our youth and
adults. The Community Prevention Coordinator also participates in the development of programs and
strategies related to prevention in the schools.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide leadership and direction to the Santa Fe Prevention Alliance (SFPA) and committees
2. Organize and facilitate coalition meetings, relationship building activities, and training to build the capacity
of the coalition
3. Recruit and develop coalition membership and leadership
4. Manage contract compliance, including fiscal and reporting responsibilities of the coalition
5. Secure funding through grants. Write grant applications and reports
6. Develop and manage all aspects of the community prevention/coalition budget
7. Develop sustainability and funding of coalition
8. Collaborate with OSW School Prevention Coordinator to facilitate youth engagement
9. Develop and implement environmental strategies and community educational campaigns related to
substance use prevention.
10. Advocate for implementation of relevant policies, as appropriate
11. Represent SFPA with elected officials, stakeholders, and community organizations
12. Manage and supervise contract staff as applicable
13. Communicate the mission and vision of the coalition to stakeholders in order to engage other leaders
throughout different community sectors
14. Participate in school district meetings and other district activities
● Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in public health, human services, community services or related field;
Master’s Degree preferred
● Minimum of 3 years of experience, specifically related to coalition work, group facilitation, grant and
project management, and substance use prevention strategies
● Bilingual preferred
● Must possess a valid NM driver’s license to be able to transport oneself between meetings
Director of Student Wellness, Santa Fe Public Schools
Compensation & Hours
$45,000 - $48,000/annually for a 10 month position. Excellent benefits including vacation, insurance,
retirement. Occasional evening/weekend hours.
Work Start Date:
Must complete an application on SFPS’s Applitrack System (Job ID 4248)
In addition, you may contact Sue O’Brien, Director of Student Wellness, for questions at
NMDOH Epidemiologist, Healthcare Worker Interviewer (Full-Time) (DOH/EPI #10112596)
Job ID: 113693
Location: Santa Fe
Posting End Date: Until Filled
Agency: Department of Health
$20.23 - $35.21 Hourly
$42,088 - $73,233 Annually
This position is a Pay Band 75
Purpose of Position:
This position will work in the healthcare associated infections community interface (HAIC) emerging infections program (EIP) project to gather data on healthcare worker (HCW) exposures to SARS-CoV-2, use of personal protective equipment, and SARS-CoV-2 vaccine effectiveness. Given the novel nature of this virus, little is known about specific risk factors for SARS-CoV-2 transmission, particularly among HCW exposed in healthcare facilities. Additional information about characteristics of exposed and infected HCPs and associated risk and protective factors is urgently needed to inform guidance for healthcare facilities domestically and abroad to protect the healthcare workforce¿a critical asset during this pandemic.
Ideal candidate will have excellent verbal communication skills, the ability to quickly develop rapport with interview subjects, and ability to collect and organize thorough high quality data via interviews and medical record abstraction.
Master's degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, Sciences, Social Sciences, or Statistics and two (2) years in Public Health to include data analysis and linking methodology. Substitutions Apply.
Must possess and maintain a valid Driver's License. Must possess and maintain a current Defensive Driving Course Certificate from the State of New Mexico or must pass and receive Defensive Driving Course Certification as a condition of continued employment.
The Department of Health has several available positions opened at this time. If you are interested in applying for this position or any other openings, please visit https://careers.share.state.nm.us and complete an online application.